Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scam of Domain Renewal Group

It was bound to happen I suppose. I own quite a few paid domains, sites that I maintain on an irregular basis. Anyway, one of them will be up for renewal at the end of January. I was a tad surprised to find a letter in the mail yesterday from a domain register company.

When I opened it, the stench of SCAM pervaded out of the envelop and across my senses. The company was Domain Renewal Group and they offer to allow you to transfer your domain registration to them for a price that is more than 4 times higher than the cost of a regular domain registration.

Checking on Google and you can see that many others have twigged to the underhanded tactics used by Domain Renewal Group. Some of the posts about the company suggest that their shadiness extends beyond the overinflated prices they offer as specials.

I'll tell you what though, they win the prize for the smallest fine print I have ever squinted over.

Steer clear of Domain Renewal Group.

3 comments:

Tony said...

Yeah, I received a dodgy letter to renew a domain name (werrsd.com) that I don't even own!

They expect me to send my finicial details to:

Domain Renewal Group
56 Gloucester Rd., Suite 526
London, England
SW7 4UB

Damn scammers!

Naqoyqatsi said...

Ah good old domain renewal group. It's always worth the cost of a stamp to return their envelope full of document shredder cross cut chaf inside a folded sheet of paper so that when they open the envelope expecting money they get thousands of bits of insidious paper rubbish all over their grotty desk. :-)

Anonymous said...

This article has all the qualities I expect in good writing. i have read most of them and got a lot from them. Thanks to sharing Website name registartion