Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Autumn Illness

We're barely any distance into the colder months of the year and already two of my three children have picked up colds. For some reason, and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the moment they show signs of a sore throat or a runny nose they seem to become very affectionate. It's almost as if they have an instinct for passing the cold on. Anyway, nothing too serious this morning, off they went to school without a complaint.

* * *

The day was passing along fairly quietly until about 2:30 when we got the call from school - one of the kids was sick. Working in the city meant it was going to take an hour or so to get home. This meant that school would be over by the time I got there to pick my son up. He couldn't go to After School Care so after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing it was decided he would stay at school until I got there. (Personally I don't know what the dilemma was, it's not as if they were going to turf him out or anything). So for the second week in a row the boys got to miss their swim training, much to their delight.

Funnily enough, after the insistence that we get to the school as soon as possible, by the time I got there, my son was starting to feel better. By the time we arrived home, he was keen to have a kick of the soccer ball. Not impressed.

* * *

We've now begun the pool deck, although at this stage it amounts to a whole bunch of holes in the ground as the footings are prepared. Once the ground has been sufficiently broken we'll be able to actually see some progress.

No comments: